My Flight Was Delayed
If your Flight was delayed from the intial airport you travelled from, you will be able to raise a Case with AviationADR as long as:
- You have taken your Complaint to the Airline and either 8 Weeks have passed since your complaint and you have had no resolution or you have rejected their final decison and recieved a Deadlock Lettr
- Have had a delay that is greater than 180 minutes (3 hours) from the time your flight was meant to depart from the intial airport.
What do I need to raise a case with AviationADR?
We recommend that you provide any as much information as possible to support your case for a delayed flight, this can include (but is not limited to):
- Any records and copies of any corrispondance between yourself (the passsenger) and the airline.
- Any Evidence to show the delay in the flight, this could include Photographs or e-mails.
- Your Boarding Pass, and/or your ticket.
- Letters of Authority (Which can be found on our website), if the delay affected multiple person in your party and you would like to claim on their behalf